QuickBooks error 15102 is usually encountered when the user attempts to download the most recent QuickBooks Desktop and payroll update. The error appears on the screen, with a messagethat reads “Error 15102: Failed to reset update.” The error is usually triggered when QuickBooks payroll subscriptions are not running or the file that is used to update is corrupted or damaged. This blog is focused on providing users with QuickBooks payroll update 15102 error, its cause and solution, therefore be sure to read attentively until the end.
If you require any technical assistance in fixing QuickBooks error 15102 contact us via our customer support phone number 1-888-704-1357 and speak with a certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks error 3371
Top causes of QuickBooks Payroll error 15102 in QuickBooks.
The following are possible reasons for the error:
- Shared download site isn’t accessible.
- You’re not using the workstation or QuickBooks as the administrator.
- The software you are running is QuickBooks in the terminal service environment, with multi-user modes.
- Let us guide users through the troubleshooting process that is described in this blog.
- Learn Steps to Solve the Problem QuickBooks update error code 15102
- The following troubleshooting techniques have been confirmed to solve the error without difficulty:
Method 1. Download the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Desktop
The steps listed below will allow you to update QuickBooks manually:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Choose on the Windows Start menu.
- Find The QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click it.
- Select Run as an administrator.
- On the screen that says No Company Open screen, select the Help menu.
- Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go onto Options menu. Options menu.
- Click Mark All, then save.
- Click on the update Now tab.
- Don’t forget to click your Reset Update option.
- Then, click on Get Updates.
- After the update is complete after the update has been completed, start QuickBooks.
- Install the latest version of the update.
- If the method mentioned above did not work, try the next step.
Method 2. Modify QuickBooks in single-user mode
- Open QuickBooks.
- Select the File menu.
- Choose to select the Switch QB to Multi-User Mode.
- If you are still getting the errormessage, go to the next step.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 1712
Method 3. Find the exact whereabouts of the file mapped
Start QuickBooks and then move into the Product Information window.
- Navigate to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks.
- Choose the Options tab and confirm the download location.
- In the event that you find that location to be incorrect You must change the condition of the area.
- If the location of download is correct, move this drive’s letter to different letter. Here’s how:.
- Close your company’s files.
- Then, you can remap the network drive to a different alphabet.
- Access your company’s file using the new drive letter mapped to your computer.
- Click Help and select Update QuickBooks.
- Select from the Options tab.
- Switch off Shared Download, then turn it back on.
- Check that the location of download is using the latest mapped drive letters.
- Choose Save and then close.
- Download the most recent tax table.
We hope that you find this blog helpful in solving QuickBooks problem 15102. If the suggestions above weren’t working for you, you can consult with the QuickBooks tech support department by calling our toll-free phone number 1-888-704-1357. They will help you with the most advanced troubleshooting procedures to solve the issue.